Apart from the primary contribution of CHB in providing affordable stock of housing to the residents of Chandigarh, CHB since its inception has played a pivotal role in implementing the various objectives/schemes of Chandigarh Administration, prominently amongst them being the project of Slum Rehabilitation. Others including
- Rehabilitation of Rehri Owners through construction of Day Markets in various Sectors namely Sector-7, 9, 11, 15, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 37, 38, 39, 41, 46 & 47
- Rehabilitation of Scooter/Car-repair Mechanics through construction of Shops, Booths and Sheds in Sector – 28, 38 (West), 48, 52
- Resettlement of Industrial Workers
- Rehabilitation of Rag Pickers in Sector-56, Chandigarh
- Rehabilitation of Street Children at Snehalya Maloya.
The Chandigarh Housing Board besides above stated Rehabilitation Scheme, have also undertaken numerous prestigious projects of the Chandigarh Administration as well as other Institutions in the City as deposit works. The prominent amongst them being –
- Setting up of Kalagram at Manimajra.
- Ambedkar Bhawan Sector-37.
- Post Master General building Sector-17.
- Para-military Complex in Sector-43 and Police Housing in Sector-26.
- Housing for Post Graduate Institute of Medical Research, (PGIMER) Sector-12.
- Housing for Chandigarh Medical College, Sector-32.
- Night Shelter in NAC Manimajra.
- Blind Girls Hostel Sector-26.
- New Animal House for PGIMER.
- Add on Development works in Sector-34
The Board while undertaking the construction of dwelling units at different locations in the City, has also ensured simultaneous development of Shopping/commercial areas for meeting the day to day requirements of the residents through construction of Convenient shopping/Service Booths/Shops in Sector-38 (West), 48-A, 49-A, 49 B, 51-A, 61 & Modern Housing Complex, Manimajra etc.
CHB has constituted in the development of the City Beautiful by completing the following
- Site & Services, EWS & LIG 44949 Units
- MIG 11723 Units
- HIG 5933 Units